Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hadaa Sendoo, World Poet


Hadaa Sendoo, born 24 October 1961, is an internationally renowned poet; He is founder and leading figure of the World Poetry Almanac. His poems, which have been translated into more than 30 languages, have been included in The Best Mongolian Poetry.  In 2006, he established the critically acclaimed World Poetry Almanac. His early poetry is strongly influenced by the Mongolian epic and influenced by Russian imagist poetry, and Italian hermetic poetry of 20th Century.

Hadaa Sendoo is considered one of the great poets in the 21st century by critics. He received many poetry awards, including Mongolian Writers' Union Prize, The Poet of the Millennium Award (India, 2000); The Pinnacle of Achievement Award for poetry ( USA, 2011), Nosside Prize for poetry (Italy, 2014), and Visionary Poet Award (Canada, 2015).

As a poet, Hadaa Sendoo is included in the Celebrity Occupation-Poet, List of the Top Well-Known Poets and was included in the list of world-class national poet, and The World Heritage Encyclopedia. He is currently a consulting editor of the International Literary Quarterly.  He lives in Ulaanbaatar, capital of Mongolia. 

Welcome Dr. Sendoo… It is a great honor to share three of Dr. Sendoo’s poems. He writes with a deep feeling to horses and Mongolian wild horses, also known as takhi. He says, “I love riding on grassland.” 


{In the Woods} 
Mongolian wild horse 'takhi'


At last
I do not need gold
and silks. If possible
leave me a little forage
for the night, to feed my horse.
He too is tired

In the silence, give me
a golden sunflower
I'll walk among cicadas
and cuckoos singing
I do not regret I've loved much
I'm just sorry I
come too early, or too late 


{Perhaps I'm Resigned to Die Another Death} 

Wind gusts to the north
Dull withered trees...
Not like streams –
Clouds, wooden bridges

Night, grassland
In cheese-colored moonlight
More tranquil, though

The land
Bearing the howling diggers
Like eyes that hold tears
Keeping them from welling up

From my life
I don't expect much
except seeing wild horses* chasing the wind
Perhaps I'm resigned to die another death

* Mongolian wild horses, called takhi (Тахь) in Mongolian.


{Daybreak} 

At daybreak, when you came
Dewdrops were birthing too
The paling sky brought forth quivering life

I wait for my war horse, he’s bolted
I’m left walking barefoot
Through the towering stillness of the night 



No comments:

National Poetry Month: "Floorboards" A Poem by Mark M. Dean

Floorboards 4/14/2024 by © Mark M. Dean I’ve always prided myself on my exit plan My daily routine Sliding out of bed with the utmos...